Inauguration of Metro Bus Service Lahore
February 12, 2013 1 Comment
Metro Bus Service is inaugurated by CM Punjab Mian Shahbaz Sharif and Turkey’s Deputy Prime Minister Bekir Bozdağ on February 10th, 2013. Lahore Metro Bus (Urdu: لاہور میٹرو بس), is Pakistan’s 1st bus rapid transit (BRT) system.
The first section of Lahore Metro Bus Service consists of a 27 kilometres long route and 29 bus stations between Gajumata to Shahadra. This route will covers dozens of residential and commercial localities along the city’s main artery Ferozepur road linking Lytton road, Jain Mandar, MAO College, Lower Mall, Civil Secretariat, Aiwan-i-Adal, Chowk Katchehry (District Courts), Shrine of Hazrat Data Ganj Bakhsh, Ravi Road, and Shahdra town.
The Lahore Metro Bus system will use e-ticketing and Intelligent Transportation System. The predicted average speed of Metro Bus is 27 km/h. The Rs. 29.8 billion “build–operate–transfer” basis is a result of collaboration between the Government of Punjab and the Turkish government.
Few features of Metro Bus System are;
- Metro Bus System is 1st of its kind in Pakistan
- It has been completed in 11 months
- Distance of 2 hours will be covered in 55 mins
- There is a bus station after each kilometre
- Buses will come to each station after 5 minutes interval
- Low cost and secure journey
- special seats for ladies and disabled people.